Vortex Strikefire Red Dot Rifle Scope Review
If you have been looking for the perfect compact rifle scope you might want to consider vortex strikefire red dot rifle scope. Vortex optics reviews have a lot of good things to say about this product. This product is great for fast shooting and with its big scope you will be able to shoot with both your eyes open. After a couple of rounds with this scope, you’ll see it is a good buy. You should be able to find vortex optics for sale online to get your own at a great deal.
Vortex Red Dot Rifle Scope Product Details
Weight: 7.2 ounces
Night Vision: No
Parallax Free Past 50 Yards
Optical 2x doubler
Waterproof, fog proof with nitrogen purging
Unlimited Eye Relief
- Size – Its size is compact and ideal for fast shooting. This is one of the compact scopes which you should buy if you want a light weight, small and yet clear scopes for fast shooting. Other compact scopes look bigger compared to this one.
- Weight – You practically won’t feel the added weight on your rifle. It just fits right and weighs light. Very good for fast shooting. At 7.2 ounces, it is a great accessory to your AR15.
- Easy to Install – It holds very firm once installed and very easy to adjust. Both the green and red dots are clear even at low intensity setting. With just a few simple steps you will be able to install this scope on your rifle in no time.
- Price – It’s not too expensive for the features that you get from it. In fact it is actually quite cheap. Some of you might think that this is a knock off because of its cheap price but before you judge it to be that, try it out first. You will be surprised as to what features it has in relation to its price. Even though it does not have night vision, it is compatible for night vision. Where are vortex optics made? They are American products and assembled internationally that is why the price is quite affordable. It is indeed a bang for the buck.
- Great eye relief – The scope is great for fast paced shooting. It allows both your eyes to peak through the lenses and acquire target quickly. Shooters will have headaches when using a scope which does not give a good eye relief, this scope is quite good for shooters who don’t have 20/20 vision.
- Parallax beyond 50 yards – Usually with other compact scopes, you will have a problem with the sight beyond 50 yards but surprising enough with this scope, it is parallax free even past 50 yards.
- Scope caps are hard to close – The scope caps in front are hard to close. We cannot say if it is because of the fact that it is new but many have said after more than a few uses it still is too tight to close. They are not easy to securely close. Most reviews from users have this common problem.
- Lens coating – It seems to be noticeably darker than the actual surroundings. If you are very particular with sights and precision, this is not particularly recommended for you.
- Magnifier – The 2x magnifier functions alright but is practically useless in fast shooting. In a true fire fight this would be of less value.
- The On/Off button – This feature should be improved. The location is not quite strategic when in the field. In most reviews users also notice that the scope can easily turn on and off by breathing on it. It is advisable to take off the battery when putting it inside the bag.
Who Should Buy The Vortex Strikefire?
If you are looking for an entry-level compact scope, this is perfect for you. This is very affordable and easy to install. For a beginner this is quite a good buy but for those who are already expert shooters you probably should opt for something more advanced. If you do not plan to engage in target shooting or hunting at night, this is a perfect buy. The customer service is quite quick to respond and probably one of the best reasons why you should buy the product. Their after sales support is very helpful.
It is quite durable but is not recommended to be tossed around. Using it under rain also is a plus for this scope. The lenses remain clear. Again, buy it if you plan to have fast action shooting with your AR15. If you are always on the go in the field, this is the perfect scope for your rifle.
Why Buy The Strikefire Rifle Scope
Buy it primarily because of its affordability and size. It is not battle quality but is advisable to use for ranges and target shooting. Buy it also because of its ease of setup. It’s easier to place install on your rifle as compared to other compact scopes.
Overall Vortex Scope Impact
Overall impact of the Vortex Strikefire Red Dot Rifle Scope, it is a good buy for beginners. It is a great buy because of its affordability and function. It is practically 3 times cheaper as compared to other compact scopes in its category. If you are doubtful that this might be a knock off because of its cheap price you should try it out first. It has user friendly operations which are good for beginners as well. It’s easy to install and quite durable. This rifle scope is great value and recommended.