UTG Bug Buster Review
Back in the day when marksmanship was a growing activity, iron sights were the best that could be done in terms of assisting shooters with refining their aim. While this has come to be viewed as a true art form that requires a great deal of skill, experience and expertise, the simple fact is that conditions of the modern battlefield or hunting environment are no longer constrained to such intricate but baseline systems. Enter modern tactical scopes, which are many and varied to the point that it might be tricky to choose between them. For example, consider the UTG 3-9×32 Compact CQB Bug Buster. Equipped with the current range of UTG optics, the Bug Buster is a durable scope that shows off what modern scopes are made of, literally and figuratively.
UTG Bug Buster FEATURES
Price Point and Value
- The UTG Bug Buster is a good value for money, which is a vanishingly rare occurrence in this age of flash but no bang for the buck. While not as powerful as some scopes on the market, the UTG 3-9×32 Compact CQB Bug Buster is nevertheless comparatively cheap, and manages to match its more modest price tag with a hefty bunch of features and solid performance. It’s an even better value when you shop around and find a retailer offering free shipping.
- The much-ballyhooed True Strength/TS Platform is not undeserving of its acclaim – this signature platform delivers long-term reliability, and pairs that with an impressive Smart Spherical Structure (SSS) that manages the interaction between the inner and outer tubes of the scope. All put together, this results in a constantly and consistently fine-tuned scope.
- In addition to that, the UTG 3-9×32 Compact CQB Bug Buster has shockproof, fog proof, and waterproof aspects built right into its design. People rarely if ever use scopes for firearms in a totally cushy environment, after all, and the possibility of dropping, burying, kicking and other routine punishment inflicted on equipment has clearly been anticipated and headed off at the pass. The UTG optics in the scope are sure to be protected and reliable no matter the rugged conditions of the campaign.
- The aforementioned optics of the UTG 3-9×32 Compact CQB Bug Buster give one inch of view room, and the lens is emerald-coated for increased clarity. The signature design of the piece allows for maximum light transmission.
- The scope is adjustable, with features like zero lockable target turrets and a premium zero reset table. A ¼ MOA per click adjustment rate allows for precise, consistent and sharp adjustments for the turret. On top of all that, optimal shooting is all but guaranteed by the range-estimating mil-dot reticle. Even the objective lens is adjustable, from 3 yards to infinity. This offers a possible parallax-free view, which is sure to be beneficial for a variety of purposes. Finally, the scope is sealed and 100% nitrogen-filled, making sure the only changes are the ones you want implemented and not due to equipment variation.
- An illuminated scope like the UTG 3-9×32 Compact CQB Bug Buster raises expectations, but it delivers with two illumination features. You can enable either red illumination or green illumination as the conditions demand, which is already a 100% improvement on scopes that only offer green. This allows the UTG Bug Buster to be versatile and responsive to different types of light and weather conditions, perfect for an AR-15.
- The magnification range of the UTG Bug Buster is also noteworthy, as it is suitable for the scope of a .22; for the competitive price you pay it’s also refreshing to get notably sharp and clear UTG optics rather than see corners cut for one of the most valuable parts of the gear.
Bug Buster Accessories
- For such a comparatively cheap unit, it comes with a surprising amount of extra bits – you have flip-open lens caps, of course, but you also get a pair of 15mm-height Max Strength mounting rings with lever locks – and a 2-inch sunshade on top of that. None of this would excuse poor performance, of course, but with such a solid promised performance all this becomes icing on an already-excellent cake.
On the whole, the price to performance ratio of the UTG 3-9×32 make it an absolutely ideal choice for a variety of users. The crystal clear view, durable and high-tech construction, and excellent scope and UTG optics features really make it sing, and all for a price that successfully undercuts the pricier options on the market.